Wednesday, July 9, 2014

a princess once more, and more, and more

Disney Princess Half marathon registration was today and I signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge again!  Wooo hooo!  I've actually got another couple girlfriends who are participating in the 1/2 marathon phase so I'm looking forward to training together.  

By signing up for the Princess, et al, I'm officially on track to complete EVERY Disney World race over 10K (6.2 miles) during the 2014-15 racing season.  This includes the Tower of Terror 10 Miler (repeat customer on that one), the Wine & Dine Half, and the Dopey Challenge.  It's a total of 8 races, including the Princess half/10K.  The Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland this Labor Day is just a lagniappe!  

I've also really caught on to this virtual racing thing.  There's a ton of them on www.willrunforbling.com and it's super easy.  Actually, I convinced my friend LizzyDragon to sign up for the-get this- Top Gun Run.  We're both pilots (she is a former student of mine) and we were doing what pilots do best- floating around in the pool sucking down rum and cokes- when I saw the link to this website.  I'll pretend I'm just very persuasive, but I didn't have to try hard to get her to sign up for the 10K.  I'm pretty sure the rum helped.  I ended up signing on for the half marathon.  It wasn't expensive, $25, and the money benefits muscular dystrophy research.  Since it's a virtual race, they send you a medal (which you pretty much just purchased for $25) and you run around your neighborhood or whatever.  Anyhoo, the cost is low and the medal is badass looking!  We've decided that when the time comes in the middle of August (AWESOME time of year to run, esp in Florida, know what I'm sayin'?) that I'm going to get up and knock out 7 miles and while I'm doing that, she's going to drive up to my house and we'll finish the 6.2 together.  Because it's a virtual race and we can do whatever the hell we want to, right?

We feel the need.  The need for speed.  During intervals, of course.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment