Wednesday, September 10, 2014

rocking new tunes and tower of terror countdown

I picked up the "Rock My Run" app for my Android earlier this week.  I saw a Facebook post in the Team #runDisney group where someone was asking about music to run to so I figured, why not?  

The app is pretty awesome- I've never seen anything like it before!  It's playlists that are already compiled and sorted by genre, beats per minute, length, etc.  All mixes under 45 minutes long are free- I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get the pay subscription yet.  So far I've used "Celtic Rock" at run club on Monday, which, with its fast, energetic beat cut a whole minute off my min/mile time!  This morning, I ran to the "Miles & Mullets" mix (don't laugh, it's 80s hair metal and it's awesome) and "Bro Country Throwdown," which was okay.  There's dozens to pick from so I think I'll find more I like!

Tomorrow morning is my first run longer than 13.1.  Not much longer at 14 miles, but it's a big step.  I went to Track Shack today and got myself a bigger running belt to carry all my crap around as well as a little water bottle that straps to my hand.  At the moment, I'm dreading doing 13 laps (22 miles, eventually) around the long block in our neighborhood.  I get bored after 3 1/2 laps, which is a 10K.  Scot suggested I run up to the library and back (if I can remember where it is, otherwise I'll need more survival gear than a 10 oz water bottle).  Not tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll take him up on that when HE's getting close to doing 13 miles!

Just under a month til the Tower of Terror 10 Miler and the 1st anniversary of my first Disney run :)  Found out today I'm in corral B.  Last year I was in G with no proof of time ever, so my hard work is paying off!

No comments:

Post a Comment