Tuesday, April 21, 2015

post-vacation wrap up

Oh lawd, ya'll I just spent a week on a cruise ship and ate myself stupid!

We left out of San Juan, Puerto Rico and went to St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao.  It was a great time, we went on the trip with another couple and then we met up with different friends who were on their honeymoon in Aruba at the same time we were there.  It was such a great time!  We did lots of beach time, lots of good snorkeling, lots of laying around and lots of eating!  I love the food in the formal dining rooms of the Royal Caribbean ships- we had appetizers, dinner, drinks, and dessert every night and I refuse to weigh myself after getting back home.

Since we're now T-minus 12 days til Long Island, I had to get some running in on the ship.  We had 2 days completely at sea, so I went to introduce myself to the dreaded treadmill in the gym.  I guess there's worse views to have out there?


Here's some of my favorite photos I took on vacation:

 2 ships in St Kitts!  Ours is the bigger one...

 Donkey Sanctuary in Aruba

Colorful Curacao!  My favorite place we visited

 More Curacao!  Love this shot!

With our newlywed friends in Aruba


It rained at home the entire time we were gone so I don't think we missed much.  It also rained yesterday so we didn't bother going to Run Club up at the Abbey in Deland.  I got up later this morning and did 5 miles in about 44 minutes around the neighborhood.  It felt good to get back to "real" running- I could have gone longer but I'm saving that for Thursday.  The rains have kept the temperatures down a bit so it wasn't terrible this morning.  Just humid as usual!

Next Sunday Scot and I are having dinner with Dave & Stephanie- Steph and I are running Long Island (technically not together- she's trying to qualify for Boston and is planning to run a 3:40.  HA!) and since Dave is my customer with the airplane, well, I wanted Scot to meet them before the 3 of us fly off into the sunset at the end of the month.  I've been so busy, this marathon is sneaking up on me!  Less than 2 weeks away!




No comments:

Post a Comment