Thursday, December 18, 2014

3 weeks to go!

Ack!

I did my last long training run before Dopey Challenge time today- 24 miles!  This week was totally exhausting:

Monday morning: 3 miles (before spending the whole day at Epcot, about 9 hours)
Tuesday morning: 6.2 miles (before a full day of work)

Tuesday night- skipped trivia night at the Abbey, needed the sleep and did NOT need the wine.  Cooked healthy chicken and garlic dinner instead

Wednesday morning: 12 miles (before another day of work.  Also, my RunKeeper app pissed me off by not giving my interval times.  Started to get sick of Best Of The 90s on Pandora radio.  Tasted garlic all morning, no matter how many times I brushed my teeth)

Wednesday night- Scot thought something was wrong with me since I passed on ice cream for dessert for the 3rd night in a row.  In bed by 10pm, out cold.

Thursday morning- 24 miles (before work, again.  Out the door by 5:45, arranged water and Powerade, bananas, Gu, and pretzels for easy access through pending delirium.  Kept coat on for almost 16 miles, it was cold!  RunKeeper crapped out again and my phone decided to F*%KING TURN ITSELF OFF after 12 miles.  I ended up doing 2 12 mile runs, the timing was all off.... the app said I did 12 miles in 1 hr, 6 minutes.  Wow!  And if I hear one more song by NSync or Alanis Morisette I'm going to hurt somebody)

Thursday night- I'm sore, I'm tired, I want a Garmin watch thingie, and it's too late to ask for it for Christmas.  Ordered pizza and cheesy sticks for dinner, followed with peppermint ice cream.  And cranberry Sprite.  

Tylenol has been my best friend this week.  That, and my foam roller.

I signed up for a virtual race, the Polar Bear Run Half Marathon last month, and the bib came in an email yesterday.  I ran it as part of my 24 miles today, the medal is super cute so hopefully it'll come in the mail next week.  Speaking of next week- Merry Early Christmas!  Scot & I are headed to Louisiana for the holiday, I'm going to try to get a couple short tapering runs in while I'm there.  The past few years it's been super super cold though, so I might just stay inside and hang out by the fire with a cup of tea.  We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment