Tuesday, January 27, 2015

my 2015 race schedule

Well, I'm recovered from Marathon Weekend!  I've done some good runs  the past couple weeks- longest was 10 miles and I felt alright.  I actually did 3 miles in 25 minutes flat at run club in Deland last night so I'm feeling pretty awesome about that!  Princess is just a few weeks away, I've got our bib numbers- corrals haven't been posted yet but judging from last year's numbers, I should be in C and Scot should be in D.  It'll be no big deal for me to drop back, and I'm glad I don't have to go far!  We got some costume supplies the other day and I'm just on the hunt for the perfect textured fabric to make my skirt.  He's going to work in Las Vegas for the next 3 weeks so that means I'll actually be able to get some things done with no distractions!

I made my list of races I'm signed up for and/or need to sign up for.  There's others on my bucket list but that'll be something to start planning for next year!

Feb whatever, during Run Club: Lady Track Shack 5K virtual race (tutu AND a medal?  Yes!)

Feb 21-22: Princess Half Marathon/Glass Slipper Challenge

Feb 28: Best Damn Race Orlando Half Marathon

Mar 14: Winter Park Road Race Double Dare- 2 mile and 10K (extra medal, why not?)

Mar 29: Tomoka Half marathon (haven't signed up for this one yet.  The route looks boring as hell but Stephanie and I are thinking about it as a training run for New York.  Tomoka offers a full marathon but there's almost zero direction changes and and I think I'd go crazy running in a straight line for that long)

Apr 4: Run For The Angels Airport 5K (this is a fun one- no medal but it's pretty cool to run up and down the runways and taxiways at my airport)

May 3: Long Island Marathon

And then I have Summer Break!!!!!

The 2 fall races I'm focusing on right now are Wine & Dine Half at Disney again (since last year was rainy and shitty) and the Space Coast Half Marathon.  I haven't committed yet, but I'm thinking I'll do the Goofy Challenge next year.  I completed the Dopey but since it's not an anniversary year for any of the runs the medals will all be the same.  Plus 4 days of early mornings was tough!  And expensive!   

Oh!  And since Scot is going to Vegas to work, I'm going to get to go out there to visit (depending on the schedules, of course) so maybe I'll get in a run out there.  Early morning on the strip?  Sunrise out in nature?  We shall see!




No comments:

Post a Comment