Saturday, January 3, 2015

imma gonna run a marathon in a week (eeeeeek!)

Sooooo one week from today I'll be settling in to my room at Art of Animation with Scot an my parents to get some rest before my final 2:30 AM wake-up call to go Run Disney!

My costumes are done, I just need to bring a little needle and thread or safety pins to secure the collar onto Blue Aurora.  Nemo's fins are in place (I'm doing the 10K in that one because I can tell they're going to be annoying) and my shiny green fish scale Sparkle Skirts came in the mail yesterday!  I've got the perfect purple tank top to finish off the Ariel costume.   I've got the crown I made for Blue Aurora and a big red bow for my Marathon Ariel ponytail.  I know the Florida weather can change in the hours before a race but it's looking to be a bit cool and maybe a little drizzly the first 2 days.  We'll see.  I survived Wine & Dine, I can handle that.
(Going costume-less for the 5K.  I guess "Normal runner" is my costume.  Too much work to put in to a 3 mile run.)

I bought myself a little Christmas gift this week!  Stopped into the newly relocated Fleet Feet in Altamonte Springs to check out the new store and buy compression socks.  I walked out of there with a new TomTom GPS running watch in my bag, too!  I'd finally had it with RunKeeper after my stupid phone decided to start turning off and back on randomly (yeah, I need a new phone, too!  One thing at a time.)  

So I spent no less than 3 hours combined on hold and on the phone with 2 different TomTom tech support people trying to get the stupid thing set up.  It wouldn't connect to the computer.  It wouldn't connect to the phone.  I needed a software update.  ARGH!

FINALLY, I got it going.  It still doesn't quite do the Bluetooth thing just right but it times my intervals, gives me my mileage, and doesn't crap out on me at inappropriate times.  I actually really like that it doesn't have the robot lady voice like RunKeeper has and doesn't bark at me every mile and tell me stupid things like I'm doing 0, 6 or 27 minutes per mile.  All wrong.  Zippy (that's what I named the watch...hey, it made me name it during set-up) just buzzes my wrist quietly on my intervals and doesn't disrupt my zen.  I find I'm much calmer running with the watch.  I still use the phone for music so if it decides to restart itself, whatevs.

I've started making a packing list for Dopey, and I'm glad I live local and am driving because I'm pretty sure I'm bringing 4 different suitcases full of crap. 

 I even decorated my magic band.

Sharing this photo, too- I had to make a new medal hanger after filling up the first one!  It's ready for 6 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment